Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Co-sleeping on a small bed

Mr. Savvy and I just decided that we are going to try to co-sleep. At first we were undecided, but after talking with other parents and the staff at the Birth Center, we think it is the right thing to do. The only catch - we have a double bed. There is definitely not enough room for us to sleep safely with a baby in our bed.

This leaves us with a few options...

1. Buy a bigger bed. This might be an okay long-term option, but I like my heirloom bed frame, and our mattress and box springs are in great condition. Also, we have some budgetary constraints right now that make this option undesirable (although still do-able if necessary).

2. Buy a second bed. Many families have two beds in one bedroom, one for mom and child co-sleeping and one for mom and dad sleeping. It is a weird arrangement and I'm not sure I fully understand it yet, but our bedroom is small enough to to rule this one out for us anyway.

3. Buy a cosleeper, which is essentially a bassinet that puts the baby at bed-height, in a safe and secure play-yard type sleeper.

We are going with option 3, and have decided on the Arm's Reach Original Co-Sleeper. Ever a recycler and budget conscious consumer, I would love to find one used. If that doesn't work, I'd like to buy one on sale (they are 15% off at Target.com right now, but add in shipping and it isn't much of a deal), but I'm not having much luck with either of those options.

Any suggestions of where I can look for a co-sleeper used or new for a reasonable amount of money?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?